Saturday, July 5, 2008

TDF 2008 Stage 1

And it begins......among accusations, denial and controversy, the TDF tries to move forward. I thought it was interesting that when one logs into the Official TDF website, there is no mention of the past 2 years.

It's almost as if the past 2 years didn't exist.

With the final DQ of floyd and last years winner not in the race, there was not a junior past champion in the peleton. The Astana suspension meant Alberto Contador was being punished for the actions of a team that 1) Is totally different and 2) was involved in something before he ever joined them! One more thought on Astana, Johan Bruyneel has created a totally transparent and public image of this team......If anything, they may be the CLEANEST team in cycling! What this tells me is that the TDF does not want to move forward to a time when cycling in the most openly clean sport in all of athletics, but rather they want to move backward to a time when no one talks about drugs and WADA is the final fascist dictator of the anti-doping world.

Floyd Landis: In my heart, I do not want to believe Mr. Landis broke the rules. The only thing that was ever "PROVED", was that he failed the testing. Where is the rest of the conspiracy? Was he the lone shooter in the book depository? Or was there an additional shooter behind the "Grassy Knowle" How deep did his cheating go?

However, whether he did or not, did not become clear to me from the evidence that was presented by the agencies that seemed so determined to revive the traditions of the inquisition! International standards and basic scientific principles were violated.........their scientific proceedure and integrity left room for doubt! I hope there was more to this than was presented to the public........or there is no real justice in international law!

Today's race was cool. As far as the race was concerened, I liked the idea of no time bonuses and Day 1 winner gets the jersey. Even the stage favored the type of rider that could be an overall contender. And the stage was won by an overall contender.

I am an addict......my wife is looking for 12 step Cycling program.......I will watch, no matter what. I will whine and bitch about the sport and the way it is run......but I will still follow it.......to my last breath!!!

No comments: